SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Monday, July 26, 2010

Stampin' Up! Convention 2010!

The theme for the Stampin' Up! Convention 2010!

This is our view from the Marriott where we stayed. The Salt Palace, where the Convention was held, is on the left. It's huge! See the Rockies in the distance? So beautiful.
This is the General Assembly just before the start of every day. The oldies but goodies music is loud. Everyone is dancing. The beach balls are flying. Friends who have not seen each other since last year are hugging. And there is SWAPPING! Does it get any better than this? Just wait!

This is part where I brag, just a bit. It is always exciting to attend Convention, but especially so for me because my sister, Penny, received the title Demonstrator of the Year! She was #19 out of all the demonstrators in America! And deservedly so! I'm so proud of you Penny!



The Sweet Shop!
In the Gathering Place, there are rows and rows of sample cards, of which you can take pictures. I don't even know how many pictures I took. If you attend my Stamp Camps, you just might be making one soon!
What really caught my eye this time, was the display called The Sweet Shop. It was made to look like a candy store. Not one thing was edible. It was all done with paper and embellishments. Unbelievable!

Memento Mall! This is where all the Convention merchandise is found. All kinds of wonderful things to buy, such as charms, bags, apparel, laptop bags in our beautiful Greenhouse Gala prints. On and on! I might have visited this wonderland three times, but I'm not saying for sure.

SHELLI!

The best part of Convention? Friends and Freebies! That's Penny on the far left, then Jackie, Kate, Anita, and that's Kirsteen's hair on the right. (Sorry I didn't get you, Kirsteen. Photography is not one of my strong points!) And Danielle is sitting behind us. Every single demonstrator in the convention hall received a package of the new Christmas Designer Paper called Deck The Halls, Glass Glitter, Cherry Cobbler ink pad, and the stamp set Peaceful Season! You can just imagine how the room erupted into shear joy!
We had such a good time. I cannot wait until next year. Thank you Stampin' Up! for being so good to us. Thank you demonstrator friends for making this such a fun, meaningful experience!

3 comments:

  1. Sure looks like you gals had a blast. Determined to go with ya'll next year! (Working on my Southern talk for Brenham. LOL)
    judy in STL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us Pam! I so wish I could have been there with you guys!! I am definitely going to plan for next year.

    Also, I can not believe Penny won Demonstrator of the Year and did not tell me! That is so awesome!! She so deserves it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all over it next year with you, Pam! Wouldn't miss it for anything!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete