SWEET PEA - BUNNY

SWEET PEA - BUNNY

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference 2011

I am still pinching myself!
I just got back from attending the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
All I can say is OH. MY. GOSH!
The place is absolutely fantastic. It has 4000 rooms and is more than huge. Everything is under one roof...restaurants, shopping, bars, atrium with lush foliage, boat rides, entertainment and convention halls.
It is unbelievable that just nine months ago the place was under water. If I didn't know that had happened, I never would have suspected it. They have done an amazing job of restoring it. Here are a couple of youtube videos that say it much better than I can.
God Bless you, Nashville!
Following a map on the way to our room,(yes! they give you a map when you check in. It is THAT big!), I had to turn around and take a picture of how pretty this was.
We had breakfast one early morning at this little restaurant.
I had to take a picture of this creation in the middle of the lobby for my daughter, Megan, who is an artist. I knew she would appreciate it.
Once I saw the banjos up above on this stained glass dome, I was reminded that, yes, we were in Nashville.
I wish you could hear how lovely this little waterfall sounded. I could have sat there all day.
Did I tell you this place was big? This is a mansion in the middle of one of the areas. A MANSION!
While we were there, they were in the process of taking down the Christmas decorations, which were beautiful, and putting up Mardi Gras decorations.
How could you not love this?
Yes, those are little hot air balloons hanging from the ceiling in the distance.


If you are the Gaylord Resort, you have to have BIG Christmas trees!
These were B I G!
More waterfalls.
Oops, added this picture twice, but since we are here, notice the hanging strings of lights? They are lit at night and are just breathtaking.

Told ya!
I learned so much at this Leadership conference, but these two women were why I had so much fun.
Julie Kasper, on the right, is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. I took in every little tidbit of advice she had. Her beautiful laugh, was infectious. You just want to be around her!
On the left, is my precious sister, Penny Thomas. She is my best friend and I just can't imagine attending without her. We 'get' each other, and finish each other's sentences. We can give each other a look and not need to say a word. What a treat to do what I love best, with one of my favorite people in the world!
Wouldn't you like to go to fabulous places like this too? Join my team and let's do it together!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with the company that actually provided the stained glass dome for the Gaylord Opryland, Stained Glass Inc. I'm so glad that you liked the artwork! If you'd like to see more of our projects you may visit our webpage at stainedglassinc.com or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/stainedglassinc

    ReplyDelete