Getting awards is always fun, but when they are given to you by someone you respect and admire, that is even better. My sweet friend, Robin Owen, in California (another misplaced Texan!), is responsible for this. Her blog (http://inkbug.blogspot.com) is so fun to check out. She has the cutest personality and her stamping talent is awesome. Thank you for this honor, Robin!
By receiving this award, I have to tell you 10 things you may not know about me....Hmmm, here goes:
1. I am a reality TV fan -- there -- I said it! But I don't get to see it much. I am not the designated remote holder. So I see a lot of cable news TV.
2. When I was little, I wanted a horse. Dad always told me he would get me one as soon as we moved to a place big enough to keep it. I am guilty of using that psychology myself. Pretty much brilliant on my dad's part.
3. I would love a house on the beach. Yeah, I know, dream on, here in land-locked mid-west.
4. For my birthday, every year, my mom used to make her peach cobbler instead of cake. It is to die for! No one can make it like she does. Put some Blue Bell vanilla ice cream on top. Yum! You will never miss the cake.
5. I will NOT eat sushi. Uh-uh, no way.
6. I had a panic attack while watching the Exorcist when it first came out in the movie theater. (About a million years ago) To this day, I cannot watch scary movies with devil themes.
7. I must have a book waiting for me as I read another.
8. I pushed my daughter, Kim, to work at Fritz's Frozen Custard, when she was in high school, so we could get the mistakes and leftover frozen custard. I'm not exactly proud of that, but it only lasted a couple of months anyway. Kim just wasn't into the whole smelling like milk thing.
9. I don't like showers, I like to soak in the hot tub - forever. Also, I hate pajamas, love short gowns. TMI?
10. I want to go to Hawaii with Steve. (Maybe buy a house on the beach?)
I will pass this award on to Deb at http://artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com. Her cards are so clean and fresh. I love her style.